juju bootstrap to a particular subnet
chris
2018-06-25 19:42:41 UTC
Hello everyone,

In looking through the docs I was unable to find a way to deploy a
controller to a specific subnet. I found some old bug reports where there
was possibly a --to directive added to facilitate this back in 2.2.
However, this is what happens when I use it...

juju bootstrap --config vpc-id=vpc-XXXXXXXX --credential=cred_name
aws/region controller_name --to subnet=172.32.X.X/20
ERROR failed to bootstrap model: cannot start bootstrap instance: unknown
placement directive: subnet=172.32.X.X/20

Is this directive still available? Has it changed?

Thanks,
-Chris
John Meinel
2018-07-02 04:09:51 UTC
It should still be available for AWS. I think I saw a case where you might
get that error just when it can't find the subnet you asked for (so
'subnet=' is known, but the 172.32.* couldn't be found).
I'm not positive about it, but I do still see the subnet matching code in
place.

John
=:->
chris
2018-07-02 13:06:03 UTC
@John,

Thanks for confirming it's still there. I was using the wrong subnet
mask. All working now.

Thanks,
-Chris
John Meinel